How America is becoming a police state
From drones to gun raids, under Obama
law enforcement is being 'fundamentally transformed'
News reports that the federal Department of Homeland Security is stockpiling billions of rounds of ammunition have prompted many Americans to ask: Just who is the government preparing to go to war with?
To radio talker Mark Levin, the answer is that "our society is unraveling" and DHS is preparing for "the collapse of our financial system, the collapse of our society and the potential for widespread violence, looting, killing in the streets, because that’s what happens when an economy collapses." Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin agrees, saying, "We’re going to default eventually and that’s why the feds are stockpiling bullets in case of civil unrest."
But all this, dire as it sounds, is just the tip of the iceberg. As WND’s acclaimed monthly Whistleblower magazine documents in its March issue, "HOW AMERICA IS BECOMING A POLICE STATE," one major way Barack Obama’s "fundamental transformation of America" is manifesting in the changing face of law enforcement – local and state, but especially federal.
The signs are everywhere:
Drones are flying overhead – not in Yemen, but here in the U.S., above your house, perhaps photographing you. The FAA anticipates 10,000 domestic drones in the next few years, and at least one police chief has publicly announced he wants to arm his drones with tear gas and rubber bullets.
Meanwhile, the Transportation Security Administration, having traumatized countless air travelers with its signature nude X-ray imaging and invasive pat-downs of ailing grandmothers and crying 3-year-old handicapped children in wheelchairs, is now expanding from airports to bus terminals and subways.
Even local police forces increasingly resemble an occupying army, especially in the big cities – thanks in part to a federal program that supplies police departments with military equipment, everything from surveillance drones to machine-gun-equipped armored personnel carriers.
Although few Americans realize it, police have already gone door to door and confiscated citizens’ legally owned firearms (in New Orleans after Katrina), and right now politicians in certain areas are trying to pass legislation to make gun confiscation official policy – but only in the event of an "emergency," of course.
• "Obama’s troubling track record on civil liberties" by John W. Whitehead, who documents how, with each passing year, Americans’ basic freedoms have come under increasing attack under Obama
• "Why is the government stockpiling guns and ammo?"
• "Immigration cops: Feds are making us the 'enemy'"
• The increasing militarization of local police throughout America
• Black helicopters? Army says don't worry. But Special Ops units are conducting "urban training" in U.S. cities
• Department of Homeland Security urged to patrol Chicago streets
• We are sliding toward a police state one of the consequences of making security more important than freedom since 9/11
• TSA expands its invasive grief beyond airports. Consider the casualties of the federal government’s security scheme, including one father of a crippled 3-year-old who says: "They treated her like a criminal"
• States pile on against federal detention plans. The left and right have joined together in opposing the federal law’s "terrifying implications"
• Pulitzer-winning commentator Charles Krauthammer's prediction of "rifles aimed at the sky all across America" in response to domestic surveillance drones
• Feds: 10,000 drones to fly the friendly skies
• Judge Andrew Napolitano warns invasion of privacy is just the beginning
• Armed domestic drones...a probablility very soon
• It’s now official: Obama can bomb you if he thinks you’re a terrorist
• Massive raids on a family-owned gun shops illustrate dangers of "standing army" of federal cops
• Gun-owner home searches 'Orwellian'" and would allow police to come into your home to check on your semiautomatic firearms
• The "mainstream press" constantly pushes the narrative of "evil white racists" oppressing minorities further stir up the pot and foment the coming revolution
• Immigration ‘reform’ will turn the U.S. into a police state according to Rep. Ron Paul, who says: "Imagine what’s left of the Fourth Amendment after its completely tossed into the trashcan"
• Big Brother is watching’ in ways you can’t even imagine according to author Steve Elwart, who describes a new artificial intelligence surveillance system more outlandish than sci-fi scripts.
"It’s not quite accurate to say the Obama administration is trying to disarm Americans," said Whistleblower Editor David Kupelian. "The government is attempting to progressively disarm one segment of the population – law-abiding, private citizens – while simultaneously arming to the teeth millions of Americans who work for, and are beholden to, government at all levels. This is not exactly what the Founding Fathers had in mind when they gave us the Second Amendment."